Choosing one word to focus on in 2019 sounds great, and it is! It’s going to have a ton of benefits and help you reach all those goals you’re planning out. But maybe you’re wondering how you know it’s the right word.
I could just say that, if it’s a word you like and feel connected to, it’s the right word! However, I know that for some of us (raises hand) that’s just not enough. You want a series of questions that will lead you to the right word.
Here is the list of questions I asked myself to lead me to my word!
- Make a list of goals you want to accomplish in 2019.
- What has kept you from reaching those goals in the past?
- What do you want your life to look like a year from now?
- What is going to happen this year that you have to plan for?
- Out of the goals you listed out, which one is the most important? What one will help you reach all the other goals on that list?
- Pray about it. Seriously, my word came to me at 3am when my son woke me up. Bam! There it was. And that’s because I had spent days thinking and praying on it.
There you have it. Follow those steps. Really take some time to sit quietly and meditate on it. Request a word to pop into your mind. If you makes you uncomfortable – that’s a good thing.
Bring your awesome face over to my Facebook page and tell me what your word is!